Restorative Yoga Pose for Relaxed and Energized Teens
Jul 17, 2019
Adolescence can be a complex and confusing time of life. Phenomenal growth spurts, adult-type stressors and an ever-changing terrain to negotiate can leave a teen feeling exhausted. Teens need a tremendous amount of energy to move through this time of life with grace and ease. It’s easy to understand why restorative poses in Yoga class are teen favorites. This Supported Chest Opener requires only one prop - a blanket - and it is both relaxing and rejuvenating.
Follow these simple steps:
- Fold a blanket accordion-style lengthways so the stack is about 10-inches wide.
- Lay this blanket across the top third of a Yoga mat or directly on the floor.
- Lie down on the mat or floor so that the bottom edge of the shoulder blades are centered on the folded blanket. The top edge of the shoulders should touch the ground above the blanket.
- Reach the arms out parallel and just above the blanket.
- If there is any tension in the low back, bend the knees and let them fall into each other.
- Focus on exhaling as you rest and relax for 3-8 minutes.
This isn’t just for teens! Try it yourself to be more relaxed and energized with the teens in your life.