Therapeutic Applications of Yoga for Children -
Our Therapeutic Applications of Yoga for Children course gives you powerful, positive, advanced training that empowers YOU to help children be who they came here to be.
This training is particularly targeted to pediatric therapy practitioners, educators and Yoga teachers. Parents and other caregivers who meet the application criteria will also benefit from this learning experience.
How This Course Helps Children
You'll gain the knowledge and skills necessary to help children physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
MENTALLY & EMOTIONALLY
How Will This Training Help You?
This is a deeply transformative practice. Yoga nidra sessions during the training will help to integrate your learning experiences. You will then learn how to deliver this practice to children. Help them learn to self-regulate and develop self-mastery.
There is no nurturing anyone until you have nurtured yourself. Develop or transform your personal practice to become a deep well of energy, inspiration and calm. We strive to help you live a life of purpose, connection and ease.
Upon successful completion of Therapeutic Applications of Yoga for Children you'll have gained the following valuable skills:
- A working knowledge of the theory and practice of specific Yoga techniques such as regulated breathing, guided relaxation, and Yoga poses that are safe, fun and beneficial for children
- The ability to deliver life-affirming approaches that help children see themselves as much more than the diseases and conditions with which they’ve been diagnosed
- An understanding of how to positively impact environmental and lifestyle factors that can influence the behavior of children
- The power to identify, create and adapt optimal healing environments… both externally and internally
- A set of specific assessment tools to deliver professional, tailored experiences for kids and families
- Knowledge of a wide range of Yoga techniques to provide individualized wellness plans for each child
- The capacity to effectively use small group and one-on-one sessions to maximize each child’s potential through Yoga
- And much, MUCH more!
Those who are registered Yoga teachers with Yoga Alliance® will earn 50 contact hours of continuing education.
WHERE & WHEN
DAY TRAINING IN NASHVILLE, TN
April 24-26 and June 5-7, 2020
These two, 3-day weekends comprise the entire training. No overnights required.
Due to the coronavirus situation, this training has been postponed to a future date that is yet to be determined. Please contact us if you'd like to be on a list to receive updates.
TRAINING RETREAT IN RACINE, WI
October 11-17, 2020
An intensive training and rejuvenating retreat rolled into one.
Registration is a two-step process.
- Download, complete and submit the application (below).
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a link to complete your registration.
The required reading for this course includes Yoga and Ayurveda by David Frawley and Yoga For Wellness by Gary Kraftsow.
You will also need the Yoga Teacher's Toolbox produced by Joseph and Lillian LePage of Integrative Yoga Therapy. The Yoga Teachers Toolbox is an invaluable tool for any Yoga teacher and is a requirement of this course. It includes information on the five koshas, the systems of the body, Ayurveda, the chakras, the gunas, the prana vayus, the bandhas and the eight limbs of Yoga...all of which are covered in depth in this advanced training. The Toolbox is included in your tuition when you register by the early registration deadline - a $75 value.
The complete list of required reading will be sent to you when your application is accepted. All other prerequisites not listed above are available for free online.
How This Training Started
After years of teaching people how to share Yoga with children in a way that is safe, effective and fun many of you came back to us and said:
“HELP! Many kids are coming to my group Yoga classes with “special needs”. The word is out that Yoga can not only help children feel calm and confident, but it can also help a child with sensory processing, it can help with anxious feelings, it can help with erratic behavior, it can help with low moods and other conditions from autism to Down syndrome to obesity."
Parents were bringing their children to Yoga classes (smart move on the parents part) and our trained teachers wanted to help. Teachers felt they needed additional training to meet the needs of this diverse group of children...and we're here to help.
Yoga teachers comprise about 30% of those who attend our trainings. Others are parents, educators and pediatric professionals. All appreciate the advanced methods learned in this training.